Monday, September 20, 2010

7) Educational youtube/TED moments

1. Stacey Kramer : The best gift I ever survived






-  "the next time you are faced with something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain, consider, that it just may be a gift".


- We sometimes forget what is truly important to us and realize it after we lose it. I was surprized by the fact that she considered tumor as a gift. I love her positive attitude






2. John Wooden on the true success




- "If you make the effort to the best of which you're capable, try and improve the situation that exists for you, I think that's success"


 -  I chose this one because I do agree with his idea of success. Not everyone can become like Bill Gates. Sometimes, we do face limits. I also believe that if we tried our best then it is a successful life.









3. R.A. Mashelkar : Breakthrough designs for ultra-low-cost products





-Mahatma Gandhi said " Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed"

- I do not totally agree with his idea but I also believe that we should all work together to make the world better place.





4. Barry Schwatz : the paradox of choice





- We are surrounded my choices. I even can not pick which university I should go because I am so confused. There are so many different programs and I even do not know what are they teaching in that class. Due to thousands of choices, I consider our gerenation as lucky and also unlucky.



5. Steve Joms : 2005 Stanford Commencement Address




- Inspiring speech of Steve Jobs. He talks about his own story and tells that we should listen to our heart. I also want to have a job that I love to do. I do not want to do something that I hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment