Monday, September 20, 2010

10) $30,000.00 to give to 3 charities

I always told myself that I am going to help poor people when I grow up, but I never actually planned or thought deeply about it. I know that there are thousands of people around the world, no matter what age, suffering from hunger, poverty, labour, discrimination, slavery, and more. There are many charities that I want to donate but if I had to pick only three nonprofit organizations, the three charities that I would like to share the $30,000.00 donation are Save the Children, Free the Children and BCSPCA.

 Save the Children is the first charity that I would like to donate $10,000.00 because I believe that it is our duty to help those poor, helpless children and this charity fits well with my belief. In 1919, a teacher named Eglantyne Jebb said “We cannot leave defenseless children anywhere exposed to ruin – moral or physical” and founded the Save the Children in England to aid children in war-ravaged Europe. This charity’s main propose is to not only save live with food, medical care and education, but also remains to help communities rebuild through long-term recovery programs. I really want to give every child a right to be safe and protective. I want to give them an equal chance. (http://www.savethechildren.org/)

Secondly, Free the Children is an organization I would like to give $10,000.00. This charity was originally founded in 1995 by a twelve-year-old boy named Craig Kielburger. One morning, he read an article about the death of a young boy who was forced into child labour, and even at such a young age, he gathered eleven school friends to fight against child labour around the world. Free the Children is the world's largest network of children helping children through education, with more than one million youth involved in our innovative education and development programs in 45 countries. I still cannot believe that this nonprofit organization is founded by a twelve-year-old boy. I would love to support this charity. (http://www.freethechildren.com/)

Finally, I would like to donate to $10,000.00 to BCSPCA not only because I live in B.C. but also I do believe that animals deserve equal rights to live, just like human beings, even if they cannot speak up for themselves. It is important to acknowledge the significance of animals in our society, not just as pets, but also as part of the world. We have to share our love and treat animal with care. (http://www.spca.bc.ca/)

There are many other nonprofit organizations in the world that provide support for many global issues. I wish to support more charities, but those are the three that I would choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment