Monday, September 20, 2010

5) My Mission Statement

     " If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito."              - Betty Reese
      I sometimes also feel too small to change the world; however, I also believe that the Earth depends on our hand. That is why I chose this picture.



       My purpose for being on this earth is to share and give. I went to China when I was grade 7 and I did not know how lucky I was until I visited there. I used to always complain about my life and even thought about committing suicide because I felt I was the most unfortunate child in the world. However, I was just a plant in a green house. I still cannot forget the moment when I actually saw child labor in China. Watching kids, who were probably younger than me, begging for money and trying so hard to live there life, made me realize how immature and selfish I was. Now, I truly want to become someone, who can help these children. That is the way I want to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment